Number, Ratio and Algebra: p. 11, 12, 13 Proportion and Ratio
Grammar: p.14 and 15 Adverbs
1. Where di Baumgartner jump from?
2. He reached a speed faster than that of a jumbo jet
Explain how comparing Baumgartner to a jumbo jet helps the reader to understand his speed.
3. What does the word feat mean in the text?
danger forfeit failure stunt
4. Baumgartner could have suffered oxygen starvation...
What does the word starvation tell you about the amount of oxygen available?
5. How high is the Armstrong Limit?
6. How do you think Joe Kittinger felt as he sat in the control room?
Explain your answer using evidence from the text. (3 marks)