Maths - Arithmetic:
Adding Decimals (p24) Subtracting Decimals (p26)
Remember to line your place value columns up carefully, and include 0 as a place holder if needed.
Active and Passive Voice (p.39)
Remember, In active sentences, the subject does something. In passive sentences, something is done to the subject.
Set B: Test 1
1. How long has Jake been practising making sandcastles?
all day all summer all week all afternoon
2. ...without undermining its walls and bringing it crashing down.
What does the word undermining mean in this phrase?
criticising weakening cementing strengthening
3. The weather changes partway through.
a) Find and copy the group of words the writer uses to show the change.
b) Explain how the weather changes.
4. How could Jake use the clouds to judge how fast the storm was coming?
5. Find and copy two words which suggest that the waves are cruel.
6. How do you think Jake felt as he ran towards his grandfather's car? Use the text to support your answer.