Guided Reading Homework
Please read the chapters three and four of 'War Horse' by Michael Morpurgo.
Then answer the following questions by your reading day on the week beginning Monday 19th November.
- How do we know that Joey is leaving the farm soon? What tells us this?
- What had Joey hardly noticed during his last summer on the farm?
- How would you describe the bond between Joey and Albert? What clues in the chapter tell us this?
- What was causing Albert’s father to worry?
- Did Albert’s father praise him for all his farmwork?
- Why did Albert and his father scarcely speak to each other?
- What does it mean to say that Albert’s mother acted as a go-between?
- Why was Joey suspicious of Albert’s father when he came into the stable?
- Why was Joey happy to be led out?
- What did Joey see in the village this time?
- Who bought Joey for the army?
- Where was Joey led for his examination? How does the Vet describe Joey?
- How did Joey feel about Captain Nicholls?
- How did Albert’s dad feel about selling Joey? What does this show about him?
What had Joey hardly noticed during his last summer on the farm?
What was causing Albert’s father to worry?
Who bought Joey for the army?
How did Joey feel about Captain Nicholls?